We are closely monitoring Coronavirus (COVID-19) and following the current guidance from the leading government and health authorities to ensure we are taking the correct actions to protect our employees, customers, and the communities where we operate. Here are some answers to our most frequently asked questions:
- Scantek Infrared Services technicians have not traveled internationally the entire year, nor have they knowingly been in contact with any travelers from areas listed as geographic risks.
- Our technicians travel exclusively on Southwest Airlines which mostly operates within the United States. According to Southwest Airlines currently none of the 102 destinations that Southwest serves are currently listed as geographic risks by the CDC. (https://www.southwest.com/Coronavirus/?clk=CORONAVIRUS_TA)
- Scantek has been using a cloud-based operating system for the last several years. As a result, our technicians are traveling shorter distances between job sites, requiring less air travel.
- Our technicians will familiarize themselves with any policies and procedures the customer may have in place to make sure we are compliant throughout our visit.
We have implemented some simple common-sense procedures based on information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC www.cdc.gov). These procedures are meant to help stop the transmission of the virus to and from any of our personnel and yours.
- We encourage our employees to practice good hygiene habits, including:
- Frequent washing of hands.
- Adopting a no hand-shake policy.
- If flying and/or renting a car, disinfect all surfaces in their immediate area.
- Disinfecting any equipment which may be handed to or taken from others.
- Avoiding close contact with others.
- No sharing of food or drink.
- If sick, immediately notify the office and stay home.
- STAY CALM.
Given the dynamic nature of COVID-19 we will continue to monitor the situation and respond as needed. We encourage anyone with questions or concerns on this issue to contact our office directly via e-mail at email@example.com or via phone at 800-875-7226